You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 13 Pro is not forwarding calls to my Apple Watch 7 when they’re not next to one another.

My iPhone 13 Pro does not forward my phone calls to my Apple Watch 7 (yes, all OS’s are most recent updates) when they are not next to one another. As in, if I leave my phone at home, and go walk my dogs, I will not receive a phone call on my watch. I will receive texts, emails, Facebook and twitter notifications, WhatsApp everything. I can track my walk with Strava and the like. I can stream Apple Music. I can make (instigate) phone calls from my Apple Watch 7. I simply do not receive any phone calls when not actively tethered to my iPhone. I will receive a “missed call” notification if someone tried to call me. I cannot find a setting to change or toggle to allow calls on my watch when I leave my phone behind

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on May 23, 2022 12:49 PM

4 replies

May 23, 2022 5:29 PM in response to sberman

Presumably, you did not read my issue. I have a cellular, Apple Watch Edition (titanium) with an AT&T wearable add-on plan

when I leave my phone behind, I:

-receive and reply to Text/MMS messages

-stream Apple Music

-receive & reply to emails

-receive & reply to Facebook messages

-receive instagram notifications

-receive & reply to WhatsApp

-I *CAN* initiate a phone call

-I can track my walk/hike/cycle with various apps.

-check weather

and so on

The ONLY thing I cannot and my watch does not do when it is not actively Tethered to my iPhone, is receive a phone call.

My iPhone 13 Pro is not forwarding calls to my Apple Watch 7 when they’re not next to one another.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.