You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

very weird battery and charging activity on macbook pro

My macbook was working just fine and was plugged into power. It was on 100% so I took out the charger and once I did, the computer shut down. I managed to turn it back on but now when I plug in the charger it doesn't work. My battery symbol has disappeared from the menu bar, and in system preferences the box that says "show percentage on menu bar" is checked (unchecking and checking it obviously doesn't work). the only place in SP that I can find that says the amount of charge I have is in "energy saver" where it says I have 0% charge, even though the computer is working fine. it's also making a straining sound like it does after you work on it for a long time on heavy files. Ive never seen anything like this before and am at a complete loss of what to do, any help would be appreciated!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.6

Posted on May 15, 2022 12:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 15, 2022 1:04 PM

Sounds like your battery is most likely bad. You can try running the Apple Diagnostics to see if any hardware issues are detected.

You will most likely need to have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the laptop to provide you with a repair estimate.

Similar questions

1 reply

very weird battery and charging activity on macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.