You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to connect my old Apple Watch to my new iPhone. Everything is reset, Apple Watch is updated. It keeps trying to connect to my boyfriends iCloud and not mine even though my iCloud was the one on the watch. We tried turning his phone off.

i am trying to connect my old Apple Watch to my new iPhone. It was used with my old iPhone and my Apple ID. This is the same Apple ID for my new phone. I reset the Watch, updated it etc. it is trying to connect to my boyfriends Apple ID. We turned his Bluetooth off and his phone while doing this. I do not know how this is happening. I cannot connect my own iCloud to my watch to use it. If you have any ideas please help.

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 6:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 1:08 AM

Your boyfriend needs to follow all the steps in this link;

Remove the Activation Lock so that the buyer can use it.

1 reply

I am trying to connect my old Apple Watch to my new iPhone. Everything is reset, Apple Watch is updated. It keeps trying to connect to my boyfriends iCloud and not mine even though my iCloud was the one on the watch. We tried turning his phone off.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.