You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Pro 16 inch / a scratch in the screen

I gought my mac pro inch 16 a few months ago, I'm a designer and while

I was designing I noticed that there was a small line inside the

screen not on the top of it, I had to wait a bit to solve

this problem since I live on the beach, now I'm in San Jose, Costa Rica.

I ordered the computer from the USA at the end of December,

I noticed this scratch in the 3rd week. Since I'm designing

it's not possible for me to send it to America for a long time,

what would you suggest I do? I wonder if it's possible for me to

replace the computer from one of the Mac branches in San Jose?

Posted on Mar 26, 2022 9:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2022 10:48 AM

The Apple warranty includes:

" Apple or its Apple Authorised Service Providers will provide warranty service on products that are tendered or presented for service during the Warranty Period, as permitted by law. If the product is portable, meaning that it can operate independently without a power cord, you may obtain warranty service worldwide. However, service will be limited to the options available in the country where service is requested. If the product is not portable, warranty service may be restricted to the country where the product is purchased. "

https://store.apple.com/Catalog/Images/worldwidewarranty.html

The Apple limited warranty includes:

"If you seek service in a country that is not the country of purchase, you will comply with all applicable import and export laws and regulations and be responsible for all custom duties, V.A.T. and other associated taxes and charges. For international service, Apple may repair or replace Apple Products and parts with comparable Apple Products and parts that comply with local standards.".

Legal - Mac Warranty Us - Apple

I would talk to a local Apple branch

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 26, 2022 10:48 AM in response to merve299

The Apple warranty includes:

" Apple or its Apple Authorised Service Providers will provide warranty service on products that are tendered or presented for service during the Warranty Period, as permitted by law. If the product is portable, meaning that it can operate independently without a power cord, you may obtain warranty service worldwide. However, service will be limited to the options available in the country where service is requested. If the product is not portable, warranty service may be restricted to the country where the product is purchased. "

https://store.apple.com/Catalog/Images/worldwidewarranty.html

The Apple limited warranty includes:

"If you seek service in a country that is not the country of purchase, you will comply with all applicable import and export laws and regulations and be responsible for all custom duties, V.A.T. and other associated taxes and charges. For international service, Apple may repair or replace Apple Products and parts with comparable Apple Products and parts that comply with local standards.".

Legal - Mac Warranty Us - Apple

I would talk to a local Apple branch

Mac Pro 16 inch / a scratch in the screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.