You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disk Not Ejected Properly BS!!!

I get this several times a day..."Disk Not Ejected Properly."

There's nothing wrong with the disk. My M1 Macbook Air is rarely allowed to sleep. Still, this BS happens sleep or no sleep. As a producer/musician, I keep all of my sample libraries on an external disk to reduce RAM load when working. When this "Not Ejected Properly," BS happens, it shuts down my session. Shuts me DOWN!! I have to restart, meaning this regularly burns an entire session!! Hours of work!! At the very least, Finder doesn't have to look so proud and happy about it!

If this happened every blue moon, okay, so glitches happen, particularly if you tax the system, which is just a common element of my production technique. But this happens EVERY DAY, Several Times A Day.

I CAN'T WORK LIKE THIS!!

Shouldn't have to.

I have been using computers since the late eighties (Apple IIe). If I was the only person with this issue, I'd suspect I'm doing something way wrong. And yet I have read dozens of complaints about this dating back to 2111. 2111!!!

Apple! What is wrong with you!? FIX THIS!!

BTW...My Windows 10 machine NEVER did this. Ever. >:-[

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 13, 2022 2:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2022 3:57 PM

Maybe these articles will help:

Eject CDs and DVDs from your Mac - Apple Support

If you can’t eject a disk on Mac, try these solutions - Apple Support

Or maybe this:

Eject a storage device

On your Mac, do one of the following:

• Select the item to eject, then choose File > Eject.
  • In the Finder sidebar, click the Eject button next to the item’s name.
  • On the desktop, drag the item that you want to eject to the Trash.

If you can’t eject a storage device, another app or user may be using one or more files on the storage device. See If you can’t eject a disk on Mac because an app is using it and If you can’t eject a disk because another user is using it.

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 13, 2022 3:57 PM in response to arte358

Maybe these articles will help:

Eject CDs and DVDs from your Mac - Apple Support

If you can’t eject a disk on Mac, try these solutions - Apple Support

Or maybe this:

Eject a storage device

On your Mac, do one of the following:

• Select the item to eject, then choose File > Eject.
  • In the Finder sidebar, click the Eject button next to the item’s name.
  • On the desktop, drag the item that you want to eject to the Trash.

If you can’t eject a storage device, another app or user may be using one or more files on the storage device. See If you can’t eject a disk on Mac because an app is using it and If you can’t eject a disk because another user is using it.

Disk Not Ejected Properly BS!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.