You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when installing trend micro on macbook m1 (with Rosetta), process reinitiates itself

I’m trying to install trend micro on my macbook pro m1 (monterey 12.2), requiring Rosetta, but I get the following behavior, that I describe below. I assume the reason it creates a new driver image is because I’m using an old download to start installation, but I’m not sure why it restarts itself at the beginning. Is this an effect of using Rosetta? Or something else? My computer was recently erased and reinstalled, so I assume it’s not a virus.

Thanks in advance!

1. Click on download, window opens and drive image appears on desktop
  2. I click install option in window
  3. A pop up message asks to run program to see if program can be installed
  4. I click yes, and window closes but then the same pop up message appears again
  5. I click yes again
  6. Program runs, and also downloads latest version of trendmicro
  7. Instead of finally installing, it opens another window identical to the one from the start (step 1) and a duplicate drive image appears on desktop
  8. I click on install option in the new window. Steps 3-6 repeat themselves
  9. Now, it finally asks to install program
  10. I quit the process here, because I’m not sure if it is safe to proceed.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 12:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 12:17 PM

I'd say stop and don't install it. It's not necessary.

Effective defenses against malware and ot… - Apple Community

Similar questions

5 replies

Feb 22, 2022 6:06 AM in response to tandraig

tandraig wrote:

Thanks for the reply. For now I probably won’t install, but I might have to in the future for work etc.

Why? It's not necessary for work or anything else. The only reason to install it would be if the people you work for have a blanket policy that everyone needs to have AV. But then, I'd go with Malwarebytes. It doesn't seem to cause problems.

when installing trend micro on macbook m1 (with Rosetta), process reinitiates itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.