You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV "Watch Now" missing some shows from Prime Video

We started viewing the whole series of NCIS a couple of months back using the Prime Video app on our Apple TV 4 HD. The app has been updating the season/episode information to the Apple TV App flawlessly for quite a while which now and last Thursday (10th Feb), when we finished season 3, the Apple TV app correctly showed the next program to be shown as Season 4 Episode 1. When we returned from a short holiday on Monday, the link to NCIS was missing, but other shows, eg Season 1 Jack Reacher on Prime was still linking ok. I have tried running an episode from each of NCIS Season 3 and Season 5 and we are still not getting the link in "Watch Now". I also viewed Treadstone on Prime and this linked perfectly.

Our Apple TV was running TVOS 15.2 when this started. I have updated to 15.3 but there is no change to this behaviour. Can anyone help please?

Apple TV HD, tvOS 15

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 9:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 6:30 AM

Just went to watch next episode expecting to have to trawl through the Prime app. Surprisingly, NCIS had now re-appeared but still pointing to episode 1 as per last Thursday. I.E. not updated by us watching the first two episodes and pointing to episode 3.

Note that I had also raised this issue with Amazon and, like this post, had no answer other than from subscribers. Is this working for you now MichaelMar5482?

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 19, 2022 6:30 AM in response to MichaelMar5482

Just went to watch next episode expecting to have to trawl through the Prime app. Surprisingly, NCIS had now re-appeared but still pointing to episode 1 as per last Thursday. I.E. not updated by us watching the first two episodes and pointing to episode 3.

Note that I had also raised this issue with Amazon and, like this post, had no answer other than from subscribers. Is this working for you now MichaelMar5482?

Feb 17, 2022 3:28 AM in response to MichaelMar5482

As I mentioned/ intimated in my original post, the Apple TV App on our Apple TV box is playing NCIS through Amazon Prime Video and although it is no longer being linked to the Apple TV App, we can still view it on the Prime App.

Paramount Plus is not yet available in the UK so I can only assume that you use it in the same way as apps from other broadcasters, i.e. find the show in the broadcaster's app, watch it, it then links to the Apple TV App and maintains the next season/ episode details as a shortcut.

One thing I am curious about though is if NCIS was directly available from Apple TV without going through a broadcaster's app. If this was the case and Apple have now removed it then this could help explain where the problem lies. I'll see if I can query this issue with Amazon.

Apple TV "Watch Now" missing some shows from Prime Video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.