You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CBS Shows not available or late

We have CBS All Access subscribed through Apple TV and watch through the TV app. Lately, we have not been able to watch certain shows until appx. 24 hours after they are broadcast. They show up in watch next with a greyed out thumbnail image and when clicked they ask us to access through the CBS app. Earlier shows are playable.

The Late Show w/Colbert is a good example. We typically watch it the morning after it broadcasts, but lately latest broadcasts are greyed out the morning after and we get a message to open in CBS app (which we can't do because we subscribe through ATV).

Apple TV HD, tvOS 12

Posted on Feb 28, 2020 6:55 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 18, 2020 10:19 PM in response to rkaufmann87

But the problem is not with their app. I think both the original poster of this message and I have the same problem. There’s a strange tag at the end of the description for the Steven Colbert show that says global channel. So I am using this CBS subscription from within the Apple TV app. I was hoping it would be more integrated with searching then using the separate CBS app. But what’s happening is it doesn’t allow me to watch the most recent shows. Right now I am not able to see the shows from the last two nights. They have this strange message that it says global channel. When I click on them it asks me to install the CBS app which is frustrating because I remove the app because I’m not using it. If I leave it installed than Apple TV keeps offering shows on that app when I can’t use it anymore because I’m doing it through the TV app. What can I do?

CBS Shows not available or late

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.