You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding a other e-mail account

Hi,

I recently received my MacBook Pro and I love it! Everything works out well and I don't come across any problems except my e-mail. I installed my "main" e-mail address which I need te most. But I want my school mail and my work mail also on the mail app. I searched across all of the internet, YouTube etc. but it seems that noting I find seems to work if I'm trying to add the two e-mail addresses.

I go to mail -> add account -> fill in my name and e-mail address en my password -> type account "IMAP" -> and then I have to fill in the server for incoming and outgoing e-mails. And that is the part where I get stuck. I really have NO idea what they want me to say there. I tried so many different things that I found on the internet but nothing seems to work and I have nu clue where I can find the right thing. Is there anyone that knows where I'm talking about and maybe can help me?

I'm sorry if some of my sentences are incorrect but I'm from the Netherlands and I haven't spoke much English lately, so I'm sorry haha!

I really hope someone can help me!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 2:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 2:51 PM

Basically your school administrator should be able to tell you if the mail there supports IMAP or Exchange.

Mac OS X Mail supports both.

IMAP, like Exchange lets a server host all your messages while you browse it from any device.

Exchange is typical for those using Outlook for email.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 13, 2022 2:51 PM in response to shawnee095

Basically your school administrator should be able to tell you if the mail there supports IMAP or Exchange.

Mac OS X Mail supports both.

IMAP, like Exchange lets a server host all your messages while you browse it from any device.

Exchange is typical for those using Outlook for email.

Adding a other e-mail account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.