You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

switch account in Mail

I know how to add acount in my macbook pro mail app by using the "add account" button but I don't know how to switch to be able to access my mails in my other account I have previously logged in, can anyone please help me

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 16, 2020 9:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 17, 2020 11:34 AM

On the left of the Inbox in the sidebar should be a small black triangle. If you click on it, then it will rotate to open Inbox and show each separate account. If you only select Inbox, then you will see all new mail mixed together. However, if you prefer, then you can select one inbox at a time, thus, keeping your mail separated by account.

You will see the same thing for all the mailboxes listed in the sidebar including Sent, Trash, and Archive. All may be viewed either mixed or separately by account.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 17, 2020 11:34 AM in response to Elizalde_06

On the left of the Inbox in the sidebar should be a small black triangle. If you click on it, then it will rotate to open Inbox and show each separate account. If you only select Inbox, then you will see all new mail mixed together. However, if you prefer, then you can select one inbox at a time, thus, keeping your mail separated by account.

You will see the same thing for all the mailboxes listed in the sidebar including Sent, Trash, and Archive. All may be viewed either mixed or separately by account.

switch account in Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.