You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shuffle turns itself off when disconnecting from car

I have an ipod touch (which I just updated to current ios) connected to my 2012 Hyundai i30 and this works fine. I like having music in shuffle mode but when I disconnect from the car, or just leave it in there and switch off the ignition/power, shuffle turns itself off. When I connect it to the car again repeat turns itself on.

I just want shuffle to stay on. When it gets turned off and I manually turn it back on again then the songs reshuffle in a different order and I end up hearing the same ones again.

Is there any way to stop it changing the settings by itself?

Posted on Feb 8, 2022 12:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2022 10:58 AM

I suggest re-starting the iPod to see whether that helps (it may not).

If that doesn't work, then it may be that the car and the iPod don't like each other. In my car the shuffle stays on after a disconnection, so it should work the way you expect.

The last option would be to Restore the iPod, using iTunes, but this is a drastic move. Be aware that a Restore will remove all the content from your iPod and put back only what it finds in your library. So first of all, back up your iPod to iTunes (it backs up data, not media {media is music and videos}) so any music that is not in your iTunes Library will not find its way back onto the iPod. You would need to download your apps again and restore their data from the backup.

This will effectively allow you to set the iPod up as new. I suggest that you read the following Apple article before doing a Restore: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 9, 2022 10:58 AM in response to SpikeInfinity

I suggest re-starting the iPod to see whether that helps (it may not).

If that doesn't work, then it may be that the car and the iPod don't like each other. In my car the shuffle stays on after a disconnection, so it should work the way you expect.

The last option would be to Restore the iPod, using iTunes, but this is a drastic move. Be aware that a Restore will remove all the content from your iPod and put back only what it finds in your library. So first of all, back up your iPod to iTunes (it backs up data, not media {media is music and videos}) so any music that is not in your iTunes Library will not find its way back onto the iPod. You would need to download your apps again and restore their data from the backup.

This will effectively allow you to set the iPod up as new. I suggest that you read the following Apple article before doing a Restore: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Shuffle turns itself off when disconnecting from car

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.