You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shuffle feature on ipod

I use my ipod in my car & set it at shuffle. When I restart my car the ipod has reverted to

alphabetical order instead of staying on shuffle.

Is there a setting to fix this problem

iPod, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 2:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2023 2:30 AM

If you leave the iPod in the car and the temperature is very cold, the chances are that the battery drains down fully. Consequently, the iPod will re-start with a full power on procedure. If I recall correctly, most iPod models power up with the Shuffle feature turned off. However, if the iPod is simply asleep, then when you wake it up, the Shuffle feature should still be on.

So next time, have a check of the iPod:

• if you have the iPod connected to the car by a cable, before turning on the car's ignition, check to see if the iPod is asleep or powered off. If it's powered off, that is the cause of the issue
    • if you use Bluetooth to connect to the car (so no cable connection), do you simply have to wake the iPod up or do you have to power it up?
2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 14, 2023 2:30 AM in response to davidwroxeter222

If you leave the iPod in the car and the temperature is very cold, the chances are that the battery drains down fully. Consequently, the iPod will re-start with a full power on procedure. If I recall correctly, most iPod models power up with the Shuffle feature turned off. However, if the iPod is simply asleep, then when you wake it up, the Shuffle feature should still be on.

So next time, have a check of the iPod:

• if you have the iPod connected to the car by a cable, before turning on the car's ignition, check to see if the iPod is asleep or powered off. If it's powered off, that is the cause of the issue
    • if you use Bluetooth to connect to the car (so no cable connection), do you simply have to wake the iPod up or do you have to power it up?

Shuffle feature on ipod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.