You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get rid of the location icon in the status bar?

I would like to keep location services on because I know a lot of my apps use it, but I don’t want to keep seeing the icon in my status bar all the time. I’ve already toggled Status Bar Icon off, but it doesn’t seem to do anything. What do I do?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 8:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 8:21 PM

When you turned OFF the Location Status Bar icon, you are only able to turn it OFF for System Services that use the location service. This does not address the Location Status Bar icon for the apps that use it. There is no other setting available to completely turn OFF the Location Status Bar icon.

Furthermore, You can suggest this feature directly to Apple by leaving a product feedback here 👉Product Feedback - Apple 

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 30, 2022 8:21 PM in response to ashash119

When you turned OFF the Location Status Bar icon, you are only able to turn it OFF for System Services that use the location service. This does not address the Location Status Bar icon for the apps that use it. There is no other setting available to completely turn OFF the Location Status Bar icon.

Furthermore, You can suggest this feature directly to Apple by leaving a product feedback here 👉Product Feedback - Apple 

Axel F.

Jan 30, 2022 8:20 PM in response to ashash119

ashash119 Said:

"How do I get rid of the location icon in the status bar?: I would like to keep location services on because I know a lot of my apps use it, but I don’t want to keep seeing the icon in my status bar all the time. I’ve already toggled Status Bar Icon off, but it doesn’t seem to do anything. What do I do?"

-------

Stop Using Location Services:

If you are referring to the arrow, then note that it is going to stay there until it is not being used. Location Services include things like Google Maps as well.

How do I get rid of the location icon in the status bar?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.