You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Early 2015 Mac Book Pro battery swollen

Battery is getting swollen again and again, what could be cause plz help

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 8:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 8:50 PM

Apple does not service beyond 5 years, so you need an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider). Try very hard to get an OEM battery instead of some third-party replica, as these third-party batteries often fail as you are seeing.

But the swelling may already have cracked the logicboard and trackpad, and may have spilled chemicals on the internal parts.

I hope you have backed up the internal drive recently, as this may be a replacement scenario.

Apple refurbished (https://www.apple.com/shop/refurbished) may be an option if you must replace. My 2011 system is refurbished, ran well until 2020 when I replaced it as "primary" but the 2011 still runs well. Refurbished can also get AppleCare+.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 17, 2022 8:50 PM in response to harshad1505

Apple does not service beyond 5 years, so you need an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider). Try very hard to get an OEM battery instead of some third-party replica, as these third-party batteries often fail as you are seeing.

But the swelling may already have cracked the logicboard and trackpad, and may have spilled chemicals on the internal parts.

I hope you have backed up the internal drive recently, as this may be a replacement scenario.

Apple refurbished (https://www.apple.com/shop/refurbished) may be an option if you must replace. My 2011 system is refurbished, ran well until 2020 when I replaced it as "primary" but the 2011 still runs well. Refurbished can also get AppleCare+.

Jan 17, 2022 8:42 PM in response to harshad1505

Hello,

First: Immediately stop using or charging your MacBook Pro and get the battery replaced ASAP, as it could catch fire. The swelling is likely from heat and pressure due to a chemical reaction.

Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

"Battery service

If you're experiencing an issue with your battery, your Mac notebook might not require a repair. These tips show you how to maximize your battery performance. If you can't turn on your Mac or if the screen turns black, follow these steps to resolve the issue.

Your Mac notebook battery service might be covered by warranty, consumer law, or AppleCare+. These prices are for out-of-warranty service. We might need to test your product to determine the final service fee."

I hope this helps.

Early 2015 Mac Book Pro battery swollen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.