You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

battery recall

The Battery in my MacBook Pro seems to be swelling up. The bottom of the computer seems to be a bowl shape. It seems like I saw somewhere Apple had a recall on some MacBook Pros because of battery. I have a 15" Retina Mid 2015.

Thanks

Doug B.

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 3:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 3:26 PM

Hi dougbox, are your referring to the MacBook Pro Battery Recall Program? You can see if your machine qualifies there. Just keep in mind, as I'm sure you do,, that there might well be other or additional things going on with your computer that may explain the symptoms, and, as with anything potentially battery, power and/or electrical-related, you should be careful about using your computer and in particular charging it or leaving it plugged until it had been examined and the symptoms diagnosed and addressed. Whether its part of the program, or not, getting those issues addressed are super important.

-- JDee

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 13, 2020 3:26 PM in response to dougbox

Hi dougbox, are your referring to the MacBook Pro Battery Recall Program? You can see if your machine qualifies there. Just keep in mind, as I'm sure you do,, that there might well be other or additional things going on with your computer that may explain the symptoms, and, as with anything potentially battery, power and/or electrical-related, you should be careful about using your computer and in particular charging it or leaving it plugged until it had been examined and the symptoms diagnosed and addressed. Whether its part of the program, or not, getting those issues addressed are super important.

-- JDee

battery recall

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.