You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud backup

so i got a new phone and i haven’t backed up my iphone in a while, and so i went into the settings and backed up my iphone. however, it keeps giving me a number of days before it deletes my icloud backup. so does that mean that it’s going to delete everything off of my phone? how can i stop it from deleting my icloud backup?

iPhone 12

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 11:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 11:42 AM

That sounds like you are using the new temporary storage feature. See: Get temporary iCloud storage when you buy a new iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

You may be able to free up some of your iCloud storage by deleting backups of previous devices that you no longer own. See: Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

Or you may need to buy more storage. See: Upgrade to iCloud+ - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 9, 2022 11:42 AM in response to ilikecookies_4

That sounds like you are using the new temporary storage feature. See: Get temporary iCloud storage when you buy a new iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

You may be able to free up some of your iCloud storage by deleting backups of previous devices that you no longer own. See: Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

Or you may need to buy more storage. See: Upgrade to iCloud+ - Apple Support

icloud backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.