You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recover numerous open tabs in Safari?

I accidentally closed all my tabs in Safari, about 50 tabs. How can I recover them, and/or set up a way that I can’t do this again? I cannot find all of them in my history because some have been open for quite some time.

Is there a way to back up all the open tabs so I don’t have this happen again?

iPad Pro, 15

Posted on Dec 25, 2021 12:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2021 1:03 PM

You may find this article to be helpful in understanding some of the frequent difficulties encountered by users new to iPadOS Safari - along with some of Safari’s more esoteric features and quirks:

iPadOS - Safari - Lost Windows, Lost Tabs… - Apple Community

Insofar as possible, I hope to have distilled most of the frequent problems reported here - and documented procedures, strategies [and where needed] some useful workarounds. This document has not yet been updated for iPadOS15, however, the described techniques are largely consistent for iPadOS 15.x.

I hope that you find this to provide useful guidance.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 25, 2021 1:03 PM in response to KeysfinsMD

You may find this article to be helpful in understanding some of the frequent difficulties encountered by users new to iPadOS Safari - along with some of Safari’s more esoteric features and quirks:

iPadOS - Safari - Lost Windows, Lost Tabs… - Apple Community

Insofar as possible, I hope to have distilled most of the frequent problems reported here - and documented procedures, strategies [and where needed] some useful workarounds. This document has not yet been updated for iPadOS15, however, the described techniques are largely consistent for iPadOS 15.x.

I hope that you find this to provide useful guidance.

Jan 15, 2022 6:01 PM in response to LotusPilot

Not helpful for the 15.x.2 update… all the open tabs on my iPad are gone when I updated my phone. I had 15 tabs open and not on my recent as the have been open for a while. So aggravating. So irritating 😠 I had things that I can’t find on the recent, because it keeps scrolling to the TOP. I updated to be protected from bad actors, just bites when Apple f ups everything.

Recover numerous open tabs in Safari?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.