You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Found an Apple Watch

I recently found an Apple Watch at a place I work, it’s been there for about two months now and no one has come to claim it, I asked around and no one knew about it. I tried to reset it and it has an activation lock on it, is there a way to return it to its owner? Or if there is no way to find the owner than is there a way to get rid of the activation lock?

Apple Watch Series 5

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 6:24 PM

2 replies

Dec 23, 2021 7:31 PM in response to CalebGordon6

If the owner put it in Lost Mode, then when you turn it on it might display a message with the owners contact information. m mIf not, the only thing you can do is turn it over to the authorities or dispose of it properly.

Activation Lock is designed to prevent anyone else from using an Apple Watch if it's ever lost or stolen.

About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Activation Lock is an anti-theft feature that cannot be bypassed. Only the previous owner can remove the lock by using their Apple ID & password. Apple will not help you find the previous owner. If the previous owner cannot or will not remove the lock, then the watch is useless to you or anyone else.

Found an Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.