You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Belkin YourType Wireless KeyPad inputs comma instead of dot

I just got a Belkin YourType Wireless KeyPad from Apple.ca and it inputs a comma instead of a dot in every application. I am an accountant and this is a problem that I cannot deal with since makes it more difficult and slower to work with it. The dot is supposed to be a decimal separator, but the comma is not recognized in the system. Is this defective? Or is there any way I can change the settings of the keypad in macOS Monterey?

Thanks for your help!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 9:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 4:42 PM

I see this with the keypad on the French (Canadian) keyboard. I think if I change the keyboard setting to English, the keypad period works as expected. I also noticed that hitting a modifier (shift or perhaps option) with the keypad period will insert a period even when the keyboard is configured as French (Canada).

Hope this helps.

- Pie Lover

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 2, 2021 4:42 PM in response to radarpi

I see this with the keypad on the French (Canadian) keyboard. I think if I change the keyboard setting to English, the keypad period works as expected. I also noticed that hitting a modifier (shift or perhaps option) with the keypad period will insert a period even when the keyboard is configured as French (Canada).

Hope this helps.

- Pie Lover

Belkin YourType Wireless KeyPad inputs comma instead of dot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.