You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when I got the support.apple.com/ipad/restore I used cable to connect to device to computer but there is still blank screen

when I got the support.apple.com/ipad/restore I used cable to connect to device to computer but there is still blank screen

iPhone 6, 12

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 10:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 9:49 AM

Start here:

If you see the Restore screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

These support pages outline the available methods to restore an iPad - either from a backup, or to Factory Settings:

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch from a backup – Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

Restore all content to iPad from a backup - Apple Support

You’ll need access to either a PC (with iTunes installed) or a Mac (with iTunes or Finder - as appropriate for the installed version of MacOS).

Download and use iTunes for Windows – Apple Support

Update to the latest version of iTunes – Apple Support

If your iPad is not recognised when connected to your computer, try using a different USB port. This support page may also be helpful with troubleshooting connection issues:

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

Should you continue to experience difficulties, the technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) will be delighted to assist.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 30, 2021 9:49 AM in response to maina33

Start here:

If you see the Restore screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

These support pages outline the available methods to restore an iPad - either from a backup, or to Factory Settings:

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch from a backup – Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

Restore all content to iPad from a backup - Apple Support

You’ll need access to either a PC (with iTunes installed) or a Mac (with iTunes or Finder - as appropriate for the installed version of MacOS).

Download and use iTunes for Windows – Apple Support

Update to the latest version of iTunes – Apple Support

If your iPad is not recognised when connected to your computer, try using a different USB port. This support page may also be helpful with troubleshooting connection issues:

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

Should you continue to experience difficulties, the technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) will be delighted to assist.

Nov 29, 2021 11:05 PM in response to maina33

maina33 Said:

"when I got the support.apple.com/ipad/restore I used cable to connect to device to computer but there is still blank screen"

-------

A. Single Out this Cable:

Try using a different cable. If it works, then it is an issue with the cable. If no, then it is likely an true with the connection (i.e. port on the Mac)

B. Boot in Safe Mode:

In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files (i.e. caches) are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another update install. Go Here: How to Use Safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

C. Try a New Admin User:

What happens when you create a new administrator user, and log into it? Do you still get this error? If not, then it is likely an error with the current user. If so, then it is likely an error with your Mac.

D. Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-Basel Macs Only) Sometimes changes (i.e. Installations) are made to the system and then settings (i.e. Networking) become corrupted, technically. So, reset both on your Mac. So, reset the SMC and reset the NVRAM or PRAM. It might take three tries. to fix this. So, be certain you have the time to do so.

Start With This:

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.