You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old Alarm rings as notification despite being turned off

After moving from a really old iPhone, I transferred all the data within it and made sure it's a 1:1 copy. But apparently, the transfer is a bit buggy due to the distance between the software version. One of the bugs is the alarms from the previous phone actually ring but only as a notification, even after I turned them all off in the clock app.

Is there anything I can do aside from factory reset? That will be appreciated.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 3:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 5:52 AM

Update 04 Dec 2021

There are a few threads under different phrasing regarding the issue (Ghost Alarm, Invisible Alarm, Notification-only Alarm, Alarm is ringing despite there's nothing in the clock app, etc.)

The most effective way to solve this is by RESETTING THE iPHONE SETTINGS.

(Settings > General (scroll down) > Transfer and Reset iPhone > Reset > RESET ALL SETTINGS) and wait for the restart.

This will delete all your settings and personalisation (wallpaper, ringtone, assistive touch, etc.) Other data such as photos, app and files will be intact. Don't forget to back up in case there's something wrong.

I hope this will help you all. Good luck :)

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 4, 2021 5:52 AM in response to valeriansan

Update 04 Dec 2021

There are a few threads under different phrasing regarding the issue (Ghost Alarm, Invisible Alarm, Notification-only Alarm, Alarm is ringing despite there's nothing in the clock app, etc.)

The most effective way to solve this is by RESETTING THE iPHONE SETTINGS.

(Settings > General (scroll down) > Transfer and Reset iPhone > Reset > RESET ALL SETTINGS) and wait for the restart.

This will delete all your settings and personalisation (wallpaper, ringtone, assistive touch, etc.) Other data such as photos, app and files will be intact. Don't forget to back up in case there's something wrong.

I hope this will help you all. Good luck :)

Old Alarm rings as notification despite being turned off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.