You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad not detected since itunes 12.12.2.2

My two iPads are no longer recognised by iTunes, since I installed the iTunes 12.12.2.2 update today.

Earlier, I simply wanted to backup my iPad via iTunes, so that I could restore the data and apps onto the other iPad.

But I couldn't backup (greyed out), possibly as iTunes was not running the very latest version, so I installed the update as prompted.

Since then, iTunes does not show either ipad at all. I have rebooted multiple times, tried different USB cables, different ports, but in any case, the PC itself does recognise the iPad and allows me to browse the photos.

So it looks just like a problem with iTunes.

Now not sure what do now, any suggestions would be most welcome. Many thanks!

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 9:19 AM

3 replies

Nov 16, 2021 2:11 AM in response to LotusPilot

Thanks for the reply, I have the following devices:

iPad Air - iOS 12.5.5

iPad Air 2 - iOS 15.0

But very strange, I have just tested again this morning, everything is the same as yesterday, except now both iPad's are detected by iTunes. I can't explain it, same PC, same USB cable, no updates or changes made, but now it's working.

Anyway, very happy, apologies to waste time with this post.

ipad not detected since itunes 12.12.2.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.