You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Closing Apps on iPad Pro 12.9 (vers 15.0.2)

With most recent update I note loss of function when I want to close apps when an app becomes unresponsive....

I used to be able to dbl press home button, select and 'hold' with finger and quickly drag the app preview off of the screen....that no longer works.

So what pray tell is the magic wand now to do such a thing??

Thxs in advance!

JEH

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 6:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 6:15 AM

Swipe upwards from the bottom edge to the centre of your screen - and pause briefly before lifting your finger from the screen. This will open the Task Switcher, from which you can force-close an App (as before) by swiping the corresponding App window off the top of the screen.

7 replies

Oct 25, 2021 1:06 PM in response to LotusPilot

...and while it does work it is NOT ANYTHING like it was before - it was so smooth and quick to close apps - now, I often have to repeat the swipes several times and it has the irritating step where (sometimes) if you manage to close the app one can't see the rest of the remaining app tiles still open....you have to start from the beginning.

Hope this is resolved soon. I wonder if there are other similar complaints??

Closing Apps on iPad Pro 12.9 (vers 15.0.2)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.