You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 15 full of bugs, almost unusable!!

What a disaster Safari 15 (MacBook M1) is. !!! its a joke.

1. It randomly crashes and closes
  2. Reordering pinned tabs: if I drag a pinned tab to move it, the whole safari goes invisible .
  3. Pinned tabs weren't being kept even though in preferences I had it set to keep tabs. Only clearing all cached data made that work again .Ive no confidence it will continue to keep them now.
  4. In tab groups, Clicking a link on a website should open it in a new tab (that's my settings) , instead it opens a new BLANK tab with my home page. In the non tab group, whatever THATS actually called, it does work.
  5. And a new one today. Three website in a tabbed group, I pin one of them, (the other two doesn't even have a pin option!!!) when I click to view the pinned tab, the tab itself expands and covers most of the second tab

These are pretty fundamental bugs that actually screw up your browsing experience!!

Another day, another set of bugs.

Im actually starting to think this didn't even go though testing.

I know its free, but come on, either retire it, or FIX IT.

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 3:06 AM

Similar questions

10 replies

Nov 30, 2021 9:48 AM in response to B3yondL

I'm experiencing what B3yondL mentioned. My full list of bugs, which seem to all crop up at the same time - sometimes after 5 mins of use, sometimes longer, are:

1. tab icons and names disappearing (same as B3yondL)
  2. cmd-F / find works but the dialogue box is invisible
  3. autocomplete stops working
  4. other weird bugs start to happen, like only able to close safari with a force quit, or webpages simply no longer loading, or form elements on webpages not responding.

It's like Safari works fine and then poof, a gear breaks and it's unusable until I force quit all Safari processes and restart. Then it works for a little longer.

I am having to switch to Firefox, which isn't terrible, but I wish I could keep using Safari!

Oct 23, 2021 4:07 PM in response to MrEco

Those things are bugs that everybody is facing. And it has already been almost one month that Apple launched it and didn't fix them yet. But at least the bug that happens when you try to reorganize your tabs, if you have two or more tabs opened (not pinned), you can reorganize your pinned tabs. I just figured that out now. I was trying to find a solution for that, and suddenly it worked like a charm. I closed the browser, and I tried that again, and it didn't work. Then I opened two tabs, and it worked. I made some other tests, and (at least for me) it works when you have two or more opened tabs. So I hope it will work for you too.

Nov 5, 2021 9:28 AM in response to Mateus109

There have recently been many reports of a broad range of new problems on this support site about the latest release of Safari v15. It is included in the downloads for Big Sur and Catalina. Since you are experiencing these problems, I suggest that you use another browser such as Firefox or Chrome and they will work for you until a fixed version of Safari is released.

The odd thing is that not all Macs seem to be affected. My two iMacs are just fine. Go figure.

Safari 15 full of bugs, almost unusable!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.