You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Refund request

My daughter was playing Homescapes and clicked on purchase a pack for $1.49. Over the space of about a week she purchased another one $1.49 a day and a couple of $2.99 packs. Ok, approved by me to a total of around $35. Problem is, our home internet and mobile service was being worked on, on and off, for a period of about 10 days during this time. She would purchase a pack, the store would freeze, no response or update then the purchase would start again. This happened for the week. I just got a bill for over $200 for what turned out to be 119 purchases of $1.49 and 8 purchases at $2.99. I accept the bill of $35.84 for the 8 x $2.99 and 8 x $1.49, but I won't accept another 111 x $1.49 (total $165.39) when the purchases were not done properly. How can I be charged an extra $165.39 when my internet was up and down like a yoyo and therefore starting a new purchase each time it connected? I contacted them to make a claim to be told it doesn't fall under their guidelines. That is BS! I have been ripped off by $165 and can't do a thing about it. I've purchased an iMac, two MacBooks, iPad, and two apple watches in the past and that loyalty means nothing. I am ropeable!!!! How can I get my refund?

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 7:18 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Oct 7, 2021 5:21 PM in response to nocerous

I'm sorry. I am not very familiar either with the reasons why a refund request can't be approved.

You may need to contact Apple about it for them to give you a proper reason.

Get phone numbers here: Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Or get a support ticket here: https://getsupport.apple.com/

Or reach them via Social Media: https://twitter.com/AppleSupport

Oct 7, 2021 5:17 PM in response to Pactricia666

Thanks for your reply. However, as stated above, I have tried requesting a refund only to be told it doesn't fall under the guidelines. The items were certainly not purchased on purpose, the fluctuating internet caused the stop and go with the purchase that was not noticed until I read my credit card bill. They were incorrectly charged to my credit card and now Apple won't refund me. That is not right

Refund request

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.