You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please help me find my startup disk I’m on Mac OS utilities but I can’t find the start up it’s not MacBook hd

I’m on macOS utilities I can’t find my start up disk its not MAChd i I got flashing question mark

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 9:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 10:17 AM

From macOS Utilities, launch Disk Utility. Then click View > Show All Devices.

Now, in the left pane, you should see a list of drive devices and volumes. The top most device is the startup drive and the indented items below will be containers (if using APFS) and volumes.

The standard name for the Mac's startup volume is "Macintosh HD".

Are you trying to reinstall the macOS on your computer?

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 23, 2021 10:17 AM in response to Newhelp2121

From macOS Utilities, launch Disk Utility. Then click View > Show All Devices.

Now, in the left pane, you should see a list of drive devices and volumes. The top most device is the startup drive and the indented items below will be containers (if using APFS) and volumes.

The standard name for the Mac's startup volume is "Macintosh HD".

Are you trying to reinstall the macOS on your computer?

Please help me find my startup disk I’m on Mac OS utilities but I can’t find the start up it’s not MacBook hd

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.