You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music

I’m a Spotify user (not premium), but it’s my preferred service because it’s available on all my devices (not just Apple), I like the curation/suggestions/radio better than Apple Music (had premium back in 2017, so maybe it’s improved?), and if people share songs or playlists with me, it’s usually via Spotify.

I don’t always know what I feel like listening to, and as Spotify helps me find music I like it keeps it going without too much input from me. In my experience, Apple Music goes off track with it suggestions pretty quickly.

In favour of Apple though, is Siri integration, since 90% of the time I’ll be using my AirPods via iPhone for Music. It just makes asking for a song or artist easier.

Plus, I’m really deep into the ecosystem. (Phone, Watch, Mac). And it just seems to be getting integrated into many Apple apps I do use, so without using that service, I’m not getting the most out of my devices.

So…

1. Thoughts on Apple music vs Spotify just on their merits?
  2. Has Apple Music improved since I last used it? (2017 ish)
  3. Is the switch worth it? (I don’t want two paid subscriptions).
  4. Is Apple Music Free usable with Siri and Apple apps, or is it a hassle? (I'm ok with some ads if that's all it is).
  5. Is there any kind of an import tool for playlists I created in Spotify or another app?
  6. How does Apple Music Handle Podcasts, and AudioBooks from Audible?
  7. Can I use it to play locally stored music? (Purchased, from my old Digitised CD collection).

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 11:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 12:50 AM

The best way to find out is to sign-up for the free trial, that’s what it’s for anyway. If you’re not eligible for the free trial for whatever reason, pay for a month and have your questions answered that way. Good luck!

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.