You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Apple Watch 6 (Cellular +GPS)In India if I purchase in the UK

If I buy a GPS + Cellular watch 6 in the UK, will it work in India. There are 3 carriers that support cellular. Will Uk watch be locked? Even if I get it unlocked, will it support other carrier in India?

Another question is whether you can use the (GPS + Cellular) as a usual GPS model ie without using esim from supported providers like O2, Vodaphone.

thanks.

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 11:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2021 5:27 PM

There are 2 Apple Watch cellular radios

• Canada, U.S. Mexico, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Ecuador

• The rest of the world

Carriers will not attempt to connect to an Apple Watch that does not use the correct radio.

It should work, as in you should be able to get a contract with an carrier in India, but...

If you do not get your Apple Watch in your own country, you may have to return the Apple Watch to the country where purchased to get warranty service.

If you do not get your Apple Watch in your own country, there may be country specific restrictions in the installed Apple Watch software that prevent features from working when you get home.

https://www.apple.com/watchos/feature-availability

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 19, 2021 5:27 PM in response to AbhishekUk

There are 2 Apple Watch cellular radios

• Canada, U.S. Mexico, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Ecuador

• The rest of the world

Carriers will not attempt to connect to an Apple Watch that does not use the correct radio.

It should work, as in you should be able to get a contract with an carrier in India, but...

If you do not get your Apple Watch in your own country, you may have to return the Apple Watch to the country where purchased to get warranty service.

If you do not get your Apple Watch in your own country, there may be country specific restrictions in the installed Apple Watch software that prevent features from working when you get home.

https://www.apple.com/watchos/feature-availability

Sep 20, 2021 7:51 AM in response to BobHarris

Many thanks for the detailed response.

The link shared is so useful.

Apple Watch is sold in India and there are 3 carriers that give contract also.

My only confusion is whether it will be locked if I puchase it in the UK with a supported SIM? i.e. I mean will I be able to use it in India after using it in the UK?

As far as I know there are 3-4 providers who sell contracts and in that case it will be locked device.

Sep 20, 2021 9:15 AM in response to AbhishekUk

If you still owe money to the UK carrier on the purchase of the Apple Watch from them, then you may have an obligation to take care of.

Otherwise, Apple Watch carrier add-on to the iPhone are month-to-month, and you can stop the service at any time.

So I do not think you will have carrier lock issues. But check with your UK carrier to be sure.

Using Apple Watch 6 (Cellular +GPS)In India if I purchase in the UK

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.