You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 16" i7 VS MacBook Pro 16" i9

Hey folks!

I want to buy a MacBook Pro 16" but I don't know what to choose between these two intel processors. I've read that MacBook Pro 16" with intel i9 gets TOO hot compared to the intel i7. I need this MacBook Pro for my work as a Software Developer, so I need to running a lot of tabs in browsers, run data bases, IDEs, videoconference apps, connections with servers, among others.

So, is it worth choosing a MacBook Pro with i9 over an i7 (both from 2019)? What are the specific differences between this two processors? Which MacBook Pro do you recommend me in your experience?

Posted on Sep 16, 2021 12:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2021 1:23 PM

None of the tasks you listed are especially processor intensive.

Save that processor money and use it to buy more RAM memory (NOT upgradeable after purchase) and a larger boot drive (also not upgradeable after purchase, but you can use External drives).

Similar questions

1 reply

MacBook Pro 16" i7 VS MacBook Pro 16" i9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.