You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new bride accidentally deleted our text message thread. So, how can i view the messages in iCloud where they are stored?

My new bride accidentally deleted our text message thread. So, how can i view the messages in iCloud where they are stored?

Also, how can i restore them to her iPhone without resetting the phone?

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 9:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 9:12 PM

You cannot. Deleted messages are gone. The messages are not stored in iCloud.

The best that you can do is attempt to restore old messages using a backup of your device. But, that will be at the expense of anything newer since that backup. And, if you attempt it, you'll need to turn off your Wi-Fi and anything that would allow your phone to connect to a network as it will then update using messages in the cloud.

Learn more: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208532

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 6, 2021 9:12 PM in response to aclewis

You cannot. Deleted messages are gone. The messages are not stored in iCloud.

The best that you can do is attempt to restore old messages using a backup of your device. But, that will be at the expense of anything newer since that backup. And, if you attempt it, you'll need to turn off your Wi-Fi and anything that would allow your phone to connect to a network as it will then update using messages in the cloud.

Learn more: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208532

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.