You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted text messages

My text conversation with my wife was somehow deleted. I didn’t have it backed up to iCloud, but my wife has the whole conversation on her phone. Can I somehow copy the whole thing to my phone?

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 9, 2021 7:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2021 8:04 PM

I'll offer a slightly different view from my friend Axel.

On your wife's phone, tap the message. Hold your finger on any one of the messages until you see an option box and tap More ...

Now, you will see a circle to the left of each message in the conversation. Tap each circle you want to forward to yourself.

Then on the bottom right hand corner of the page is a forward arrow. Tap that arrow and send it to your address.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 9, 2021 8:04 PM in response to Ghuruman

I'll offer a slightly different view from my friend Axel.

On your wife's phone, tap the message. Hold your finger on any one of the messages until you see an option box and tap More ...

Now, you will see a circle to the left of each message in the conversation. Tap each circle you want to forward to yourself.

Then on the bottom right hand corner of the page is a forward arrow. Tap that arrow and send it to your address.

Jul 9, 2021 7:58 PM in response to Ghuruman

NO, there is no straightforward way of doing what you want to accomplish. You do not have a backup so that option is not available. To keep a record, the only option is for her to copy paste all those messages to you by scrolling all the way to the top. A tedious process of copying and sending the messages to you as a transcript. Not worth it, in my opinion.

Axel F.

Deleted text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.