You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi, I received an Iphone se 2016, It's a long story but pretty much I have the phone and I tried to restore it through Itunes, but It still has the previous owners apple Id on it, what can I do? I don't have contact with the previous owner.

Hi, I received an Iphone se 2016, It's a long story but pretty much I have the phone and I tried to restore it through Itunes, but It still has the previous owners apple Id on it, what can I do? I don't have contact with the previous owner.

iPhone SE

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 9:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 9:58 PM

DarkRepulser935 Said:

"Hi, I received an Iphone se 2016, It's a long story but pretty much I have the phone and I tried to restore it through Itunes, but It still has the previous owners apple Id on it, what can I do? I don't have contact with the previous owner."

-------

A Scam, Perhaps?

Seems you were scammed, though a fill assumption, on my part.

So, Where to Go from here:

I. You Need to Contact the Seller:

Whomever the seller is, they need to log themselves out of this, if not your account.

II. Where was this Purchased?

A. Online?:

If this was purchased online (i.e. eBay) then contact the site, seeing if the seller can be held accountable and if you can get your money back.

B. In-Person?:

If this as purchased in person, then there may be nothing you can do but contact them, asking for your money back.

Or...

C. A Retailer (i.e. Thrift Store)?:

If purchased at a retailer, take it back, asking what your options are for return.So, talk to the store Manager, asking if you can get a return.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 4, 2021 9:58 PM in response to DarkRepulser935

DarkRepulser935 Said:

"Hi, I received an Iphone se 2016, It's a long story but pretty much I have the phone and I tried to restore it through Itunes, but It still has the previous owners apple Id on it, what can I do? I don't have contact with the previous owner."

-------

A Scam, Perhaps?

Seems you were scammed, though a fill assumption, on my part.

So, Where to Go from here:

I. You Need to Contact the Seller:

Whomever the seller is, they need to log themselves out of this, if not your account.

II. Where was this Purchased?

A. Online?:

If this was purchased online (i.e. eBay) then contact the site, seeing if the seller can be held accountable and if you can get your money back.

B. In-Person?:

If this as purchased in person, then there may be nothing you can do but contact them, asking for your money back.

Or...

C. A Retailer (i.e. Thrift Store)?:

If purchased at a retailer, take it back, asking what your options are for return.So, talk to the store Manager, asking if you can get a return.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.