You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have legitimately bought an old phone but I cannot take off the original owner’s Apple ID. This is an old iPhone and I want to use it as my own, how do I even find a way to contact this person?

I have legitimately bought an old Iphone but I cannot take off the original owner’s Apple ID. I want to use it as my own, how do I even find a way to contact this person? The phone has been erased but the Apple ID is still present. Is it even possible to use this phone ever?

iPhone 5s

Posted on Sep 15, 2019 12:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2019 1:09 AM

Contact the person/store you bought it from - nobody on here, nor Apple, can remove activation lock from the phone, nor help you find and contact the person whose account it's locked to

1 reply

I have legitimately bought an old phone but I cannot take off the original owner’s Apple ID. This is an old iPhone and I want to use it as my own, how do I even find a way to contact this person?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.