You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

THE FIRMWARE EFI PASSWORD

MY MAC WHEN I UPDATED THE FIRMWARE EFI PASSWORD SAID WRONG ALWAYS SO I CANT OPEN IT

THANX

MacBook Air 13″, 11.5

Posted on Jul 28, 2021 4:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2021 4:59 AM

Set a firmware password on your Mac Intel Computer Recovery Mode via Restart and Command + r immediately at startup

Use macOS Recovery on a Mac with Apple silicon

If you forgot your firmware password

If you can't remember your firmware password, schedule an in-person service appointment with an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider. Bring your Mac to the appointment, and bring your original receipt or invoice as proof of purchase.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 28, 2021 4:59 AM in response to YAHYARECORECA

Set a firmware password on your Mac Intel Computer Recovery Mode via Restart and Command + r immediately at startup

Use macOS Recovery on a Mac with Apple silicon

If you forgot your firmware password

If you can't remember your firmware password, schedule an in-person service appointment with an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider. Bring your Mac to the appointment, and bring your original receipt or invoice as proof of purchase.

THE FIRMWARE EFI PASSWORD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.