You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why doesn't my Apple Watch sync my deleted messages?

Let me explain further. I have had this problem since day one with the watch, which has been about a year now. When I delete my messages on my iPhone or iPad, they delete on both devices. However, when I go to my messages on my Apple Watch I see that the messages I deleted are still there. I do have iCloud sync on the Watch app on my iPhone. I went to Settings/General/Apple ID and I see my email address there.

For some reason I am not seeing a deletion sync. I get the response syncing (whenever I respond to the messages they also appear across all devices) but when I delete the message they do not delete on the watch, just the iPhone, iPad and Mac. Is this a long time bug that Apple hasn't squashed yet or is there another setting I am just not seeing or is this not a feature on the Apple Watch? Any help would be great, thank you.

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 7

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 2:55 AM

3 replies

Jul 24, 2021 3:06 AM in response to Community User

Ah, ok. Thank you for your help. I'll just delete the messages manually then. I really don't like deleting messages manually because there are so many steps. LOL Swipe, tap the trashcan and then tap Trash to finally delete the message. I know that is there by default so people won't delete a message by accident, but I really wish I could just swipe and be done with it like on the phone or iPad. heheh :)

Jul 24, 2021 3:03 AM in response to aggressivility

While message delivery is synced between the Apple Watch and an iPhone, message deletion is not. Therefore, users will need to manually delete messages on the Apple Watch, regardless of whether they have been deleted from the iphone or not. 

Why doesn't my Apple Watch sync my deleted messages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.