You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted messages in iPhone Messages app not syncing to Apple Watch

My Apple Watch is setup to mirror my iPhone, but when I delete messages on my iPhone they still show up on my Apple Watch. I remember Apple made it possible to sync messages across devices awhile ago so I don't understand why this is happening. I've already unpaired my Apple Watch from my iPhone and repaired using a backup but still encounter the problem. Has anyone else experienced this and/or know of a fix?

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 7

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 9:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 3:13 PM

Hi Chuck,

Thanks for your reply. I checked my settings and Mirror my iPhone is selected. If I delete a message on my iPhone, shouldn’t it be deleted from the list of messages on my Apple Watch immediately? I also realize I might be expecting too much. 😬

4 replies

Mar 21, 2021 12:33 PM in response to JasonJasper

Hello Jason,

From your post it would appear you want your Apple Watch messages to mirror your iPhone. Let's take a look at the settings to start.

On your iPhone, tap on the Apple Watch App. Tap on Notifications > Messages. Be sure that Mirror my iPhone is selected. More information is available here: Read messages on Apple Watch - Apple Support

Cheers!

Deleted messages in iPhone Messages app not syncing to Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.