You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch not connecting with friends or receiving invitations from anyone on anything

I have watched all the videos read all the instructions and I still can’t send my mom an invitation on the fitness app like I’m sending it but she’s not getting it she tried to send me one too and I don’t get it but she’s linked with other people we have tried all the way properly and nothing

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 7

Posted on Jul 8, 2021 6:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2021 3:31 AM

That could be caused by a mismatch between your address books (Contacts), if you happen to have each other listed several times in there, with various contact details, etc.

If that sounds like it could match your situation, try cleaning and merging all the extra entries, so that have just one entry with that particular Apple ID email as a hit in there - or even better none at all (!). Once the activity sharing is established, you can add the emails back in.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 9, 2021 3:31 AM in response to E36_haley

That could be caused by a mismatch between your address books (Contacts), if you happen to have each other listed several times in there, with various contact details, etc.

If that sounds like it could match your situation, try cleaning and merging all the extra entries, so that have just one entry with that particular Apple ID email as a hit in there - or even better none at all (!). Once the activity sharing is established, you can add the emails back in.

Apple Watch not connecting with friends or receiving invitations from anyone on anything

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.