You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch screen going black when double click for Apple Pay on Apple Watch

When I double click to use Apple Pay on my Apple Watch (Series 6), “Hold Near Reader” briefly pops up at the top of the screen but then the screen goes black. When I scroll, I can see the scroll bar in the top right corner, but none of the cards in my wallet show up. Both my watch and iPhone are updated to the most current iOS. What do I do to fix this? Or do I have a defective watch?

Apple Watch

Posted on Jun 20, 2021 7:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 11:22 AM

That's a peculiar problem. If the cards do not show up when scrolling, that would indicate a software issue. I assume a single tap on the side button works fine too, right?

In principle you may also not be clicking it fast enough.

You can adjust that speed from your iPhone > Watch app > Accessibility > Side Button Click Speed

However, I am worried that scrolling in Wallet is not showing your cards either. If the issue persists, try adding one of those payment cards again too.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 21, 2021 11:22 AM in response to taydeanand

That's a peculiar problem. If the cards do not show up when scrolling, that would indicate a software issue. I assume a single tap on the side button works fine too, right?

In principle you may also not be clicking it fast enough.

You can adjust that speed from your iPhone > Watch app > Accessibility > Side Button Click Speed

However, I am worried that scrolling in Wallet is not showing your cards either. If the issue persists, try adding one of those payment cards again too.

Sep 16, 2021 5:40 PM in response to Canyda

I am having this same problem. Works sometimes but most times a black screen. It’s as if the cards are there just can’t see them.

I usually tap the pay and it works as my defat card but wouldn’t be able to change cards.

I have reset watch, completely wiped off watch and reloaded with my cards. Works for a couple of double clicks then goes blank again.

it’s a useless app now and a big reason I bought the Apple Watch was for Apple Pay as so convenient.

frustrated

Watch screen going black when double click for Apple Pay on Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.