You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay not showing streaming content, only audio

Just all of a sudden if I try to send streaming content via Airplay to my tv the video will go black on both screens, tv and computer, but I can perfectly hear the audio through the tv speakers. I have checked connections and restarted absolutely everything. Any clues? TIA

Apple TV (2nd gen)

Posted on May 29, 2021 12:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 29, 2021 1:11 AM

Some content is not compatible for AirPlay to older models Apple TV.

- Some content may require for AirPlay an Apple TV (3rd generation or later, or AirPlay 2-enabled device).

- Some content may require for AirPlay an Apple TV (4th generation or later, or other AirPlay 2-enabled device).

It will depend on decisions by the content provider. Many content providers are informative enough to list their AirPlay requirements, so check that.

Hearing audio but not seeing video is a common symptom for video incompatible with the AirPlay-receiving device.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 29, 2021 1:11 AM in response to iria78

Some content is not compatible for AirPlay to older models Apple TV.

- Some content may require for AirPlay an Apple TV (3rd generation or later, or AirPlay 2-enabled device).

- Some content may require for AirPlay an Apple TV (4th generation or later, or other AirPlay 2-enabled device).

It will depend on decisions by the content provider. Many content providers are informative enough to list their AirPlay requirements, so check that.

Hearing audio but not seeing video is a common symptom for video incompatible with the AirPlay-receiving device.

Airplay not showing streaming content, only audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.