You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Say I purchase 50gb for .99/mo. Do I pay .99/mo indefinitely or is there an actual price for the 50gb?

Say I purchase 50gb for .99/mo. Do I pay .99/mo indefinitely or is there an actual price for the 50gb?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on May 15, 2021 4:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 15, 2021 5:02 PM

It is a monthly subscription so you pay every month you wish to have that extra storage. You’re not really buying anything. You’re leasing space in Apple’s cloud storage system. It costs Apple money every month to keep that system up and running for everyone, so they charge a fee for providing it, for as long as you choose to use it.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 15, 2021 5:02 PM in response to Patience2021

It is a monthly subscription so you pay every month you wish to have that extra storage. You’re not really buying anything. You’re leasing space in Apple’s cloud storage system. It costs Apple money every month to keep that system up and running for everyone, so they charge a fee for providing it, for as long as you choose to use it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.