You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

đź’ˇ Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods connectivity problem after updating to firmware 3E751

Please I need help with my AirPods 2nd Gen. I tried updating my AirPods for some time now and after it finally updated the right pair stopped working.I have reset it several times.Lastly, the light in case keeps blinking orange when I place the Airpods in

After checking it for sometime,I think the left pair updated to the newest firmware leaving the right pair.

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on May 15, 2021 8:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 18, 2021 8:14 AM

Hi lizzy_12

Thanks for the information

But I solved this problem by keeping only the right AirPod( the one which wasn’t updated)in the case. I paired the right AirPod to my iPhone and connected the case to the charger. The right AirPod updated after 30 minutes

2 replies

May 16, 2021 9:18 AM in response to Kaysap01

Hi Kaysap01,

We understand you are experiencing an issue after updating your AirPods. The case in now flashing an Amber LED. Are both AirPods from the same generation? This can be checked here:

Identify your AirPods

If confirmed, next hold the set-up button for up to 15 seconds until the LED flashes white and try to pair with your device again.

If the issue remains, the AirPods might need to be connected to each other:

-Close the case lid with the AirPods inside and leave it untouched and plugged in to charge for 20 minutes, allowing a firmware transfer between the AirPods.

-Hold the set-up button for up to 15 seconds until the LED flashes white.

-Try to pair with your device again.

We also recommend is cleaning both the case and the AirPods as shown here:

How to clean your AirPods, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, and EarPods

Hope this helps!

Have a great day.

Airpods connectivity problem after updating to firmware 3E751

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.