You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Speakers - both channels out of one speaker

hi everybody,

I have very weird problem and wonder if someone else had similar experience. I have Macbook 12inch 2017, before the problem itself small note: I have my to-case replaced recently. I don't know if this is anything to do with the speakers tho anyway. Recently I discovered that my left speaker does not work, I have checked the midi utility, it is how it supposed to be. Controlled the pan, its balanced. The weird part is I slide the pan bar to left so verify my left speaker is down, the sound still comes out of right speaker but the sound is muffled. When the pan is on right, right speaker works normally. To sum up, left speaker is down, left channel comes from right but muffled, right works alright.

Tried resetting SMC NPRAM etc... no luck, I have been thinking to reinstall the OS but its a workload and wanted to ask you guys first. Do you think its a software problem? should go to apple store which is quite far from where I live.

MacBook, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 29, 2021 11:54 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Apr 30, 2021 3:59 PM in response to frtcnby

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, frtcnby.

If we understand your post correctly, the left speaker on your MacBook is not working. We’d like to help.

It sounds like you've already done some great troubleshooting. Make sure you've completed all steps in this article:

If the internal speakers on your Mac aren't working

Let us know if that resolves this issue for you.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Speakers - both channels out of one speaker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.