You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Only left speaker working mac book air 2020

Hi community, I recently got a macbook air 2020 with the speakers working fine. However, I don't know what happened but one day, only the left speakers work and one day I trouble-shooted and everything went back to normal. Unfortunately the problem is back again and I am very frustrated.

I have tried restarting, shutting down, looking at the sliders on my sound preferences, the mute, resetting PRAM and SMC, but they all don't seem to work. I feel like there is something wrong with my audiomidi set-up because I can't control the channel volumes. Please help me, I find this very annoying and am questioning why Apple hasn't solved this software issue yet. Thanks!

Here's a screen shot of my audio midi settings.

Best,

Viv

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 2, 2020 11:51 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jul 3, 2020 8:55 AM in response to dialabrain

I deleted the plist thing and initially, restarted my computer and it didn't work. I left it on then I decided to shut down my computer for a while, like 10 minutes, when I switched it on, both speakers were working again, strange, I won't be surprised if it suddenly worked for one side only again. Thanks for your suggestion though! I think it helped :)!

I also quit the coreaudiod process from activity monitor both in the CPU and Memory panels.

Best,

Viv

Only left speaker working mac book air 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.