You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not show battery icon on menu bar after update to macOS 11.3

I have just updated my Mac air 2020 i3 to MacOS 11.3. The battery icon disappeared. I try to enable it in Dock & Menu bar, checked Show in Menu bar and Show percentage but it fail. Can you help me fix it?

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 8:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2021 11:28 AM

Hi there ThongChi,

It appears that you're not able to add the battery percentage to the Menu Bar on your 2020 MacBook Air after updating it to macOS Big Sur 11.3. We know how important it is to know the battery percentage available, and we're glad to provide assistance.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support -- Restart your Mac in safe mode and see if you can add the battery percentage there. Be aware that it takes a bit longer to restart in safe mode, as it stops certain software from loading, does a basic check of your startup disk, and deletes some system caches. Whether or not your able to add the battery percentage, you can restart normally again. If you were able to add the menu item, see if still there after restart.

New user or group setup - Apple Support -- If you weren't able to add the battery percentage, create a new admin account and see if it's showing there. If not, see if it can be added.

Please let us know if this works in safe mode or if it works in a new user account.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 28, 2021 11:28 AM in response to ThongChi

Hi there ThongChi,

It appears that you're not able to add the battery percentage to the Menu Bar on your 2020 MacBook Air after updating it to macOS Big Sur 11.3. We know how important it is to know the battery percentage available, and we're glad to provide assistance.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support -- Restart your Mac in safe mode and see if you can add the battery percentage there. Be aware that it takes a bit longer to restart in safe mode, as it stops certain software from loading, does a basic check of your startup disk, and deletes some system caches. Whether or not your able to add the battery percentage, you can restart normally again. If you were able to add the menu item, see if still there after restart.

New user or group setup - Apple Support -- If you weren't able to add the battery percentage, create a new admin account and see if it's showing there. If not, see if it can be added.

Please let us know if this works in safe mode or if it works in a new user account.

Take care.

Can not show battery icon on menu bar after update to macOS 11.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.