You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch update.

How can I update my Apple Watch when the required download needs 3.1gb of

data, but the watch has a total of 2.9gb storage?

None of the apps showing can be deleted.

Apple Watch Series 3, 6

Posted on Apr 16, 2021 11:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 1:11 AM

Unpair your Apple Watch via the Watch app on your iPhone.

Then Re-pair your Apple Watch again,this usually frees up

enough storage space to update your watch.And without any loss of data.

Or this;

If you don’t have enough space to update your Apple Watch – Apple Support

3 replies

Apr 18, 2021 4:04 AM in response to Community User

Thank you for helping me out.

So, I’ve unpaired the watch from the phone, but there still wasn’t enough space. I’ve reset the watch and downloaded the update.

The phone downloaded the update and installed it onto the watch but now my watch is saying “please continue setup on iPhone”.

When I’ve clicked the watch app on the iPhone I get the start pairing page, but the watch isn’t activating the code for me to scan.

move tried to pair manually and the phone can find the watch but it isn’t generating the manual code either.

Apr 18, 2021 4:17 AM in response to Jimmy4lfc

Start by tapping the "I" button on your Watch"bottom right corner", which will bring up your device's name. Then on your iPhone, tap the device name that matches the one displayed on your Apple Watch. You'll see a six-digit code will appear, which you'll enter on your iPhone.

Apple Watch update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.