You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos And Notes

If I delete an image from my photo album, and that same image is in a note, would the photo be deleted from my notes? I have a few videos and images that I need to delete for space and storage but I've been scared to do it because I feel it might remove the files from my notes app.

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 2:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 4:43 AM

Hello,

No, the photo in your notes should be retained for the length of time that your text messages are retained.

You can try a test to verify. Just take a garbage photo and send it to your self in a text. Then delete the photo from Photos (also delete from album Recently Deleted), then see if the photo in notes is still present.

Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 10, 2021 4:43 AM in response to acetone5

Hello,

No, the photo in your notes should be retained for the length of time that your text messages are retained.

You can try a test to verify. Just take a garbage photo and send it to your self in a text. Then delete the photo from Photos (also delete from album Recently Deleted), then see if the photo in notes is still present.

Good luck.

Photos And Notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.