You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just purchased an Epson V600 Photo Scanner and the installation disk supplied says it needs to be updated. I am run-in OS Sur 11.2

I just purchased an Epson V600 Photo Scanner and the installation disk supplied says it needs to be updated. I am running OS Sur 11.2 on my iMac. What should be my next step ? Thank you for any assistance.

Posted on Feb 4, 2021 10:31 AM

4 replies

Feb 4, 2021 10:54 AM in response to frankfromeast nassau

To be honest, I'd recommend against using the Epson software and use Image Capture. The reason is easy, Epson (and other manufactures) do not do regular updates like Apple does and eventually will drop support for your scanner (their way of telling you to buy a new scanner) when you can continue using IC.

If you are not familiar with Image Capture it is pre-installed on the computer. You can find more info in:

https://support.apple.com/guide/image-capture/scan-images-imgcp1004/mac and also in

I just purchased an Epson V600 Photo Scanner and the installation disk supplied says it needs to be updated. I am run-in OS Sur 11.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.