You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Swipe to delete

I have an iPad mini that is pretty old. I would like to change the setting for Gmail to allow using a swipe to delete the email. Is there any chance you can help me with that?

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 9:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 1:00 PM

If you are using the Gmail app, then you would need to look into Settings in the app to change the settings for trash to delete from archive. If you cannot find it in the app, then check with Google support. If you are using the native Mail app, then go to Settings>Mail>Accounts>select the Gmail account, then tap Account again>Advanced and under Move Discarded Messages Into, and select Deleted Mailbox instead of Archive Mailbox.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 28, 2021 1:00 PM in response to mtkatris

If you are using the Gmail app, then you would need to look into Settings in the app to change the settings for trash to delete from archive. If you cannot find it in the app, then check with Google support. If you are using the native Mail app, then go to Settings>Mail>Accounts>select the Gmail account, then tap Account again>Advanced and under Move Discarded Messages Into, and select Deleted Mailbox instead of Archive Mailbox.

Swipe to delete

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.