You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB unreadable

when connecting my usb it says unreadable, when it has always been fine and worked on my macbook. How can i access my files on it as i have important work i require from it

MacBook Air

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 2:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 4:29 AM

Hi,

I just wonder if other USB devices work on your MacBook Air USB ports.

try to run Apple Diagnostics if it reports USB hardware related issue(NDD001).

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

If Apple Diagnostics test is clean, try to use other Mac, if you don't have another Mac, try to use friends' Mac or make Genius Bar reservation if your neighborhood retail Apple Store is open or find nearby opened Apple Authorized Service Provider to check your USB memory.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 28, 2021 4:29 AM in response to Rhysj14

Hi,

I just wonder if other USB devices work on your MacBook Air USB ports.

try to run Apple Diagnostics if it reports USB hardware related issue(NDD001).

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

If Apple Diagnostics test is clean, try to use other Mac, if you don't have another Mac, try to use friends' Mac or make Genius Bar reservation if your neighborhood retail Apple Store is open or find nearby opened Apple Authorized Service Provider to check your USB memory.

USB unreadable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.