You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing piece of the Puzzle in Fitness+

I own an iPhone 8, iPad Pro, Apple TV 4K but because I only have a series 2 watch I can’t do any workout except on my phone screen. Come on Apple. We’re in Covid and don’t have the money for a new watch yet. Please make this better or back to LesMills I go. Has anyone found a useable workaround for screen sharing from Phone to TV for a workout?

Does apple realise how difficult it is to do a workout using a phone screen?

Where is the iPad app in the UK? Or can I just not have it because my watch is too old?

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 2:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 2:28 PM

Because you have an older watch I assume that’s why it won’t work with the Apple TV 4K. That’s to be expected since newer tech will only support so far back. With that said...it looks like you’re going to have to get a new watch if you want another method to view if it won’t work from the Apple TV or your iPad Pro. At the bottom of the page for Apple Fitness+ on the Apple site it states:

Apple Fitness+ requires an Apple Watch Series 3 or later. Available when paired with iPhone 6s or later with iOS 14.3

So yes....your watch is too old.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 26, 2021 2:28 PM in response to rocky_robin82

Because you have an older watch I assume that’s why it won’t work with the Apple TV 4K. That’s to be expected since newer tech will only support so far back. With that said...it looks like you’re going to have to get a new watch if you want another method to view if it won’t work from the Apple TV or your iPad Pro. At the bottom of the page for Apple Fitness+ on the Apple site it states:

Apple Fitness+ requires an Apple Watch Series 3 or later. Available when paired with iPhone 6s or later with iOS 14.3

So yes....your watch is too old.

Missing piece of the Puzzle in Fitness+

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.